[pulseaudio-discuss] Automatic selection of an audio sink depending on value of ENV variable

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:55:23 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 18:43 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> And that's why I am saying that multiple screens per display is just a
> pointless excercise, since it gives you exactly NOTHING that multiple
> montors per screen wouldn't give you -- no, it takes features away.

Sorry Lennart, in my (gaming) case, it allows the monitors to be placed
a distance from each other, such that the mouse pointer cannot cross
over. I use a small app (mouse-switchscreen) to allow the pointer to
cross over if I want (ie. when not playing games).

The other thing he mentioned which can't be done on xinerama is
independent view-ports, where switching viewports on monitor 1 doesn't
affect what's showing on monitor 2.

Everyone has their own use-case =). But I think this is going pretty
off-topic for the pulse list?