[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.16-test7

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Thu Sep 3 10:55:57 PDT 2009

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Heya!
>
> Here's another test release. The previous test release was supposed to
> be the last one, but uh, given the amount of changes committed I
> decided to push another snapshot.

Hi,

Does it make sense to migrate from 0.9.15 to 0.9.16 in a stable distro
repository? As far as I can see the only problem arises from rtkit:

- rtkit
  -> Depends on SCHED_RR_FORK which doesn't seem to be included in
current linus-2.6.git,
  -> polkit

Is it possible to use PolicyKit instead of polkit with slight
modifications? Or even, is rtkit a hard dependency of 0.9.16 or the
preferred method of RT policy management against the old one?

Finally, will you stick with 0.9.15 on F-11?

Thanks!