[pulseaudio-discuss] Help with CMI8768 Please

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 17 03:31:28 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jim Duda at 17/09/09 01:50 did gyre and gimble:

>> In addition to installing the .so you need to define the a52 device
>> string. A config fragment for that is unfortunately not shipped
>> upstream with alsa iirc, but I think debian includes it. You might
>> want to steal it from there.
>
> All I could was this file.  Is this what you are referring to?
>
> # a52 plugin configuration
> # $Id$
>
> pcm.a52 {
>     type a52        # Default :
>     #card 1            # 0
>     #rate 44100        # 48000
>     #channels 4        # 6
>     #bitrate 256        # 448
>     #format S16_BE        # S16 (Native-Endian)
>     hint {
>         description "A52 Output Plugin"
>     }
> }
>
> I tried putting this file (a52.conf) in both /etc/alsa/pcm and
> /usr/share/alsa/pcm.
>
> I still only have "stereo iec958" selections in the Configuration tab.

try putting the fragmen in your ~/.asoundrc.

I'm not sure that all *.conf files are magically read from these locations.

Also make sure this shows up at a lower level first.. i.e. aplay -L
before looking for it in pulse.

HTHs

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]