[pulseaudio-discuss] Invalid dB data from drivers

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 15 13:10:23 PST 2010

Heya,

just wanted to point everybody to this new "canned response" type note
I just added to the wiki:

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/BadDecibel

I wrote a little tool that can be used to track invalid dB data
exposed by ALSA drivers. Incorrect dB data usually means that playing
a stream in PA while another one is already playing might result in a
volume change of the first one, that should not happen.

As it appears a lot of USB hw has issues with the dB information.

Anyway, I though you might find that page and the tool useful,
especially if you maintain PA in other distributions and want to know
what to do with bug reports about issues like the one I pointed out
above.

Have fun,

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net