[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio FastTrack Pro

David Kågedal davidk at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 7 06:08:02 PST 2010

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> writes:

>> And another thing: The sinks appear as "FastTrack_Pro ...", with an
>> underscore instead of a space for some reason.
>
> That's data read from the USB device itself. PA uses that only if no
> prettier device string is available in the usb.ids database (which is
> the same one that is used by lsusb).

But that is the strange part. There is no underscore in any ALSA output
I found. This is from /proc/asound/cards, for instance:

 1 [Pro            ]: USB-Audio - FastTrack Pro
                      M-Audio FastTrack Pro at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4.4, full speed

It has USB ID 0763:2012, but I don't even see it listed in
http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

In /proc/asound/card1/id it is simply described as "Pro".

--
David Kågedal