[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio-0.9.21, alsa-1.0.23, kde-4.4.5, consolekit, dbus

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 20 00:37:02 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and sibu xolo at 20/09/10 00:41 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2010 13:58:08 Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and sibu xolo at 14/09/10 13:33 did gyre and gimble:
>>>  First of all thanks  (or shall I say 'kallu kalay')  for the help.
>
>> but you really do want to use all the patches from this branch since
>> v0.9.21 tag (there will likely be another 10 fixes landing later today)
>>
>  I downloaded the stuff from GIT.  The bundle was  labelled as
> [pulseaudio-0.9.19 which is strange considering  the released stuff is
> labelled 0.9.21.  I did not clean out the original installation before I
> compiled/installed the git stuff  so a couple of the libraries had 0.9.21
> extensions  (I merely labelled them as _X).  I then recompiled alsa-plugins
> and so far  I have sound on all logins and logouts as well as the cli.  So
> much  progress has been made.

Yeah this is just a quirk of how the versions are labelled directly from
git... I really do need to fix it at some point.

>>> ---e) audio CDROMs do not play neither with KsCD nor Kaffeine for any
>>> logins
>>
>> This is likely an issue to do with using analog playback rather than
>> digital extraction (DAE) and subsequent software playback. You can
>> probably use a low level alsamixer  (alsamixer -c0) to unmute the CDROM
>> element, but really most applications should be using digital extraction
>> and software playback these days AFAIK.
>>
>> I'd ignore this particular problem until all others are addressed :)
> I still do not have CDROM sound nither with Kaffeine nor KsCD,  I tried an
> internet search but came up with nowt so any pointers you can give will be
> grtefully received.

Hmm, interesting. I'll try and see what I can find out for you.

When playing via KsCD, does everything look as if it *is* playing but
you just cannot hear sound?

If so, when something is "playing", can you run "pacmd list" and then
attach the output here?

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]