[pulseaudio-discuss] padevchooser quickly choose output device

Karl Ostmo kostmo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 22:14:52 PST 2011

In the left-click menu of the padevchooser applet, I see a submenu for
"Default Sink" that lists these three items:
* "No Network Devices Found" (greyed-out)
* "Default"
* "Other..."

In the "Output" tab of my "Sound Preferences" application, I see these
options.
* "Internal Audio Analog Stereo" (my desktop speakers)
* HP Digital Stereo Headset Analog Stereo (my USB headphones)

Should I be able to see these somewhere in the padevchooser applet menu?

padevchooser was recommended by a commenter on this Ubuntu Brainstorm
suggestion:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/23754/
It would be great if this applet was capable of what is depicted in the
poster's screenshot mockup.

I am running Ubuntu 10.10.

Karl