[pulseaudio-discuss] padevchooser quickly choose output device

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Feb 12 22:40:29 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 22:14 -0800, Karl Ostmo wrote:
> In the left-click menu of the padevchooser applet, I see a submenu for
> "Default Sink" that lists these three items:
> * "No Network Devices Found" (greyed-out)
> * "Default"
> * "Other..."
>
> In the "Output" tab of my "Sound Preferences" application, I see these
> options.
> * "Internal Audio Analog Stereo" (my desktop speakers)
> * HP Digital Stereo Headset Analog Stereo (my USB headphones)
>
> Should I be able to see these somewhere in the padevchooser applet menu?

I don't know. I have never used padevchooser.

> padevchooser was recommended by a commenter on this Ubuntu Brainstorm
> suggestion:
> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/23754/
> It would be great if this applet was capable of what is depicted in the
> poster's screenshot mockup.

padevchooser is deprecated, we don't recommend the program for anyone (I
don't remember the reasons - it was something about padevchooser doing
stupid things). There will be no new features in padevchooser. Vote for
the brainstorm idea, it sounds like a reasonable improvement to me.