[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Allow read-only or non-existing sink input volume.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 22 13:25:29 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 22/02/11 16:35 did gyre and gimble:
> It would be nice if someone would test this with passthrough streams
> also, but personally I think it would be ok to commit this patch to
> master now.

OK, I've applied this to master in my tree now after giving it a bit of
a review (and removing the last bit of the commit message!)

Only question I had really was related to this inline if which appears a
couple times:

 has_volume ? !pa_sink_input_is_volume_writable(s) : FALSE

Would it make sense to just return FALSE from
pa_sink_input_is_volume_writable in the case when there is no volume?

Doesn't really matter much, but would avoid a couple of the inline ifs
which is arguably "tidier".

(of course pa_sink_input_is_volume_readable() and _writeable() are
currently the same implementation so simply removing the inline if would
be sufficient at present, but I'm sure that wont last long....)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]