[pulseaudio-discuss] Build system: Makefile.am patches

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 20 10:10:09 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Bosmans at 20/01/11 12:09 did gyre and gimble:
> Here are two patches proposed for the build system.
>
> The first one removes the redundant Makefile.am files in the subdirs
> under /src. It was annoying me that anytime one file needs to be
> rebuilt, a whole screen worth of make output about moving into subdirs
> and seeing nothing has to be done was sent to the console. As far as I
> can tell they don't serve any purpose, but please correct me if I'm
> wrong. It doesn't seem to be the case, for example, that one can use
> these Makefiles to build only a subdir.

Well I only recently added these files in an attempt to fix out of tree
building (and thus make distcheck). For the first time in ages, I was
able to run make distcheck and out of tree builds.

Does this still work with your patches applied?

I'll try and test shortly both the patches (i.e. over the weekend)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]