[pulseaudio-discuss] Build system: Makefile.am patches

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 07:07:18 PST 2011

Hey Colin,

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 13:18 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
[...]
> Hopefully Arun can tidy it up a little later (and also remove the
> "build" dir that currently exists with the orc.mak as I'd prefer not to
> have a "build" directory under VC (mainly due to me always doing "rm -rf
> build" by way of common convention). Tho' that is hardly very urgent :)

But but but ... it's done! :)

[...]
> > The third patch is some more cleanup in Makefile.am. It should be
> > applied on top of Arun's build patches that are in his orc branch he
> > referenced in a mail to the list yesterday. I could rebase it on
> > master, but the he has to do the same.
>
> Hunk 3 didn't apply, but I fixed it up manually. I think I did it OK,
> but you can maybe double check? (the first bit of the hunk applied fine,
> but the second but (setting the BUILT_SOURCES to blank) I just
> incorporated into the only place it's set by changing += to a plain =.
>
> http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=commitdiff;h=d766b38e1ba5d483ad7eec105860e9b9f7f55702

Those build bits have been sitting in my tree for a while, hidden behind
the Orc-ified volume scaling bits. The hunk probably failed because
Maarten rebased on top of my patches as he'd mentioned (thanks,
Maarten!).

Anyway, I've rebased my tree over current master and cherry-picked the
build bits into a separate branch (orc-build) here, so please pull those
if they look okay:

http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/pulseaudio.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/orc-build

Cheers,
Arun