[pulseaudio-discuss] Porting pulseaudio to Android

Vikram Gupta vikram.exe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:09:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have been using pulse audio on Ubuntu to remote my sound to a network
Windows-7 machine. Now I am trying to port pulse audio to Android. Looking
at the dependencies, I think, I will have to port a lot of libraries before
I can start compiling pulse audio code. Also the default configure option
brings in a lot of things which are not available on android by default. I
have used a few options (like --disable-x11 etc) to remove the optional
support, but still a lot of libs are required on android. Has anybody tried
porting pulseaudio to Android, or can help (with a web link maybe) getting
me started.

Thanks,
Vikram