[pulseaudio-discuss] Porting pulseaudio to Android

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 6 05:16:11 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Vikram Gupta at 06/07/11 12:09 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using pulse audio on Ubuntu to remote my sound to a network
> Windows-7 machine. Now I am trying to port pulse audio to Android.
> Looking at the dependencies, I think, I will have to port a lot of
> libraries before I can start compiling pulse audio code. Also the
> default configure option brings in a lot of things which are not
> available on android by default. I have used a few options (like
> --disable-x11 etc) to remove the optional support, but still a lot of
> libs are required on android. Has anybody tried porting pulseaudio to
> Android, or can help (with a web link maybe) getting me started.

I'm not sure how many people have tried this before.

A lot of the various bits and bobs are indeed optional, although highly
desirable. e.g. dbus is needed for bluetooth support, but then I really
don't know how the bluetooth stack on android works - it could be a far
cry from the bluez stuff used on desktops.

But certainly initally, I'd disable dbus, bluez, consolekit etc. and
really cut things down to a bare minimum, so you can check to make sure
the basics work well enough before going crazy on the optional stuff.

If there is anything in particular lib wise that you think is a problem?
If so just shout and we can maybe advise as to how really useful it is!

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]