[pulseaudio-discuss] Headset-detection

Himanshu Chug himanshu.chug at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:37:40 PDT 2011

Hi

I am trying to route audio on a headset.

-I am able to get audio working on loudspeaker (which is the default sink
for my device)
- I have inserted headset in my phone and tried "pacmd list-sinks" command,
but I am not able to get the headset detected as new sink device?
may be I am wrong, but does PA have the logic to understand that headset is
inserted (new sink is available), if yes how can I get this reflected in
"pacmd list-sinks" and if so I can use this sink index/name for routing.

\
Himanshu