[pulseaudio-discuss] How to undefine "DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD" for bluetooth-util.c? Bluetooth module gave "Error from RegisterEndpoint reply: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod"

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 04:14:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Lin, Mengdong <mengdong.lin at intel.com> wrote:
> I traced the pulseaudio log and found the following error:
>

> D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/HFPAG on adapter
> /org/bluez/492/hci0.
>
> D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource on adapter
> /org/bluez/492/hci0.
>
> D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink on adapter
> /org/bluez/492/hci0.
>
> E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
>
> E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
>
> E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
>

> The error happens when bluetooth-util.c calls bluez media API
> “RegisterEndpoint”, but my MeeGo platform’s bluez is v.4.87 which does not
> support the media API ( I find bluez v4.94 support the media API).

Are you sure 4.87 does have Media API, iirc it should already have it
but it is disabled by default but you can enable it via audio.conf
Enabled=Media. Btw, MeeGo should be using that since the old unix IPC
has some problems and should be deprecated pretty sonn.

> But since the API does not exist, so the Bluetooth feature has not been
> affected.
>

> How can I disable these function call in pulseaudio so that the user need
> not worry about the “error” unnecessarily?
>
> I found a macro in "DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD" in Bluetooth-util.c, which seems to
> be a switch of whether to call the bluez media APIs. But I don’t know how to
> undefine this macro and will there be any side effect. Could anyone share
> some idea?

The idea was that whatever system that does have DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD
should use Media API to exchange fds, it seems you are trying to
workaround this which IMO is not a good idea.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz