[pulseaudio-discuss] Writing an output module

Damien DEJEAN damien.dejean at ensimag.imag.fr
Sun Jul 17 02:19:23 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm writing a sink module to communicate with a home-made audio server.
I follow your advice to use the RAOP module code as a support. So I keep
the structure, I can compile it but I'm not able to load the new module
anymore. I put it in /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.22/modules but when I run

pactl load-module module-spam-sink

it doesn't work (Failure in module initialisation) and the log says me:

pulseaudio[2340]: module.c: Failed to open module "module-spam-sink":
file not found

Could you, please, explain me how I can easily load the module ?

Dam.