[pulseaudio-discuss] Writing an output module

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 17 04:32:20 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Damien DEJEAN at 17/07/11 10:19 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a sink module to communicate with a home-made audio server.
> I follow your advice to use the RAOP module code as a support. So I keep
> the structure, I can compile it but I'm not able to load the new module
> anymore. I put it in /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.22/modules but when I run
>
> pactl load-module module-spam-sink
>
> it doesn't work (Failure in module initialisation) and the log says me:
>
> pulseaudio[2340]: module.c: Failed to open module "module-spam-sink":
> file not found
>
> Could you, please, explain me how I can easily load the module ?

Are you compiling your module against git master then copying it into
the 0.9.22 tree? If so this won't work. You need to keep the whole tree
the same. You can probably get away with checking out the v0.9.22 git
tree and compiling your module there but really you shouldn't try and
mix and match your self compiled module with your system compiled PA.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]