[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio native protocol

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 18 04:39:31 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Emil Ohlsson at 18/07/11 10:04 did gyre and gimble:
> Depending on the speed of development DLNA and UPnP maybe will be implemented later, but right now the focus is on ZeroConf.
>
> At the moment it is not fully decided how to control the amp to make it play RTP streams, if we find some nice open protocol for this then perhaps we will use that. Meanwhile we'll probably implement some made up protocol for development purpose. Does anyone know of any protocol that would be suitable for this?

I would stick to some kind of RTP variant for your "native" protocol.
Library re-use being a potential win and relatively easy support in
other systems (like PA) should also be made possible by this approach.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]