[pulseaudio-discuss] analog-stereo.echo-cancel idle for too long, suspending ...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 21 13:18:08 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and ashwanik at 21/07/11 14:58 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using pulseaudio 0.9.22-69-gf8e8-rebootstrapped. When I am loading
> echo-cancel module facing below problems:
>
> E: module-echo-cancel.c: Playback after capture (-234), drop sink 80
> I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink
> alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.echo-cancel idle for too
> long, suspending ...
> I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source
> alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.echo-cancel idle for too long,
> suspending ...
>
> and when using audio loopback not able to access pulseaudio echo cancel
> module.

When you record (using pulsesrc in gst it seems) you seem to be
recording from your actual h/w mic, not the virtual echo-cancel mic that
is created when you load module-echo-cancel. Thus you won't get any echo
cancellation at all - you're completely bypassing it! :D

See the reply I sent just a moment ago to Abdul Moiz about this same
topic. Ultimately when recording, load up pavucontrol and move the
recording stream to the echo-cancelling virtual mic.

HTHs

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]