[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseSink Properties

Vallabha Hampiholi vallabha.pa at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 24 06:35:18 PDT 2011

Dear Experts,

I would like to know a few more things:

Please pardon me, as I started working PulseAudio recently and havent
gone through the source code yet, before asking these questions due to
lack of time.

1. How is audio data handled between PulseAudio daemon and PulseAudio
clients? What is the minimum data that should be transfrered before
PulseAudio starts sending the audio data to ALSA hardware?

2. Is the above determined by the values of fragment-size and number
of fragments in the daemon.conf file?

3. I see that the default values of the above parameters are 25 msec
and 4. So does this mean that, PulseAudio does not start processing
data until 100msec of data is available?

4. Also from (3) what should be the ideal value for the latency-time
for pulsesink? 100msec or 25msec?

Thank you in advance.

-Rgds
Vallabha