[pulseaudio-discuss] Mic volume goes automaticly down

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 12 23:14:34 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 03:48:54PM EST, Sascha Manns wrote:
> In ALSA my Microphone is set with vol 100%. Also i've set 100% in the
> pulseaudio volumesettings.
> But if i make a call (with skype echo) the input volume goes automaticly down
> to 0%.
> The inputstream itself works if i manually hold the input stream by 100%.
> Otherwise i can hear me in the echo call, but very silent.

So far as I can remember, Skype controls the audio mixer settings for the input capture. It may have an option to disable this behavior, although since I've not used Skype for quite a long time, I don't know whether this option is still available.

I suggest looking in the audio settings for skype and see if there is anything along those lines.

Luke