[pulseaudio-discuss] Android and latency questions

Dave Horoschak dave at horoschak.net
Fri May 4 07:59:49 PDT 2012

Please excuse the basic questions, but I am looking for some assistance.

I'd like to use PulseAudio to stream high-quality, low-latency (50-100ms)
audio from a PC to an Android device over a managed wireless network.  I
have the server running on the PC, but am having trouble on the Android
side.  I'm not an Android developer so I don't have the ability or
knowledge to re-build the kernel, make custom configurations or anything
like that.  Is there any other way that I can get PulseAudio on a device
for testing and experimentation with the rest of my system?

Related to this project, has anyone measured or estimated what the lowest
end-to-end latency of this system could be, assuming all parts are
optimized at both end of the signal chain?

Thanks for your help.

 - Dave