[pulseaudio-discuss] Unload echo-cancel devices

Lazar Doru ce_doru at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 23:41:54 PDT 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:23:20 +0300
Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

> > [..]
>
> You shouldn't unload modules that you didn't load yourself. It's not
> necessarily a problem if the echo-cancel module hangs around after
> your application has closed its streams, because the echo-cancel
> module doesn't consume much resources while it's not being used. A
> problem would be if the echo-cancel modules would be leaked, that is,
> a new echo-cancel module would be loaded for each stream that you
> create without unloading unused modules, but I guess that's not
> happening?

Indeed, the module doesn't load twice. My problem is that it hangs
around after my application is closed, so if I launch a new instance of
the same application fast enough it enumerates the previously created
echo cancel devices and the user could choose those to work with.
Anyways, I solved the problem by not displaying the devices that have
the owner_module set to "module-echo-cancel". So thanks again for your
help!