[pulseaudio-discuss] Ideas for GSoC 2013

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 18 18:30:37 PDT 2013

> I was thinking about working to improve the adaptive resampling module
> (especially clock drifting handling module) studying the actual relation
> with external code (as it has indicated in "rough" ideas for this GSoC)
> and investigating the most known weaknesses.

I don't think the problem is really the adaptive resampling but rather
the drift estimation. There is a need to smooth out variations in
sampling rates that can be quite large and introduce quality issues. The
current estimation based on latency measurements that result in
immediate frequency changes can be refined (same for BT Sink btw)
-Pierre