[pulseaudio-discuss] Issue with multiple hdmi codecs in radeonhd, hacked to work

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 23:24:09 PST 2013

How many hdmi , dvi or display port connectors do your card have ?

Specification seem support up to 6 displays

>>> Oh interesting, but I was just using the standard HDMI connector of the
>> VGA card without connecting my card to the motherboard by more than PCI-E.
>> Also, spdif would not get me 6 channels in LCPM, so I don't think that
>> was it but I could be wrong.

Is there any reason for you to disable on-board hda controller and alc888
as you don't have any capture device anymore ?

pactl list

Do pulseaudio server select null sink or hdmi.monitor as the default source
?

>>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda?id=5a61358433b1f89b500f2c365746c73cb7a27e2f
>>>
>>> Hmmm I am not sure what you meant by that.
>>

> Here is the alsa-info.

strange that all jacks return true
    control.1 {
        iface CARD
        name 'HDMI/DP,pcm=3 Jack'
        value true
        comment {
            access read
            type BOOLEAN
            count 1
        }
    }

    control.31 {
        iface CARD
        name 'HDMI/DP,pcm=11 Jack'
        value true
        comment {
            access read
            type BOOLEAN
            count 1
        }
    }

cat /proc/asound/card0/eld#*.0

does your hdmi montior name appear in one of the six eld

[    5.468413] [drm] Connector 2:
[    5.468414] [drm]   HDMI-A-1
[    5.468415] [drm]   HPD1

Does the graphic driver show which hdmi monitor connect to which ports in
system log ?