[pulseaudio-discuss] No sound from second device

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Feb 18 09:33:37 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 20:55 +0100, Fabio Venturi wrote:
> Running the command
> parecord -d alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1d.7-usb-0_4.analog-stereo
> --file-format=wav > /tmp/test.wav
> produces a completely silent WAV file.

But it produces silence at least? That's good to know, because it means
that alsa is at least giving some audio to pulseaudio.

> I've tried to play around with pavucontrol options with no luck.

The source appears to be unmuted and the volume is at maximum, so there
doesn't seem to be any problem in the pulseaudio configuration.

You could attach the output from "amixer -c1". It might be that some
alsa mixer control is misconfigured.