[pulseaudio-discuss] How can I forward X display but not pulseaudio?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Mar 24 20:25:46 PDT 2013

On Sun, March 24, 2013 7:34 pm, Boyd Kelly wrote:
> Hi Len,
>
> Thanks for this suggestion here.  I also love your forwarded xfce4-panel!!

Here is what it looks like on my machine:
http://www.ovenwerks.net/UStudiodocs/menu.html

> It would be nice to know if there is some option/switch/config/method to
> control this , without having to shut down pulseaudio on the local
> machine,
> but I'm happy that at least I can accomplish what i need to.

If you put a local pulseaudio config in the extra user for remote use
without respawn and did:
killall pulseaudio; pulseaudio --start
It may work. The original might keep trying to start though until you
logged out. you could also run a system wide pulseaudio, But I think you
want different setups when running local and remote. so it is best to stop
and restart with respawn off. But, to be honest, you have about reached
the end of my knowledge anyway.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net