[pulseaudio-discuss] Freeze soon?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Mar 28 00:11:20 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 17:45 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The target release date for 4.0 is 2013-04-18 (assuming 4-month release
> cycle), and that date is less than a month away. It's time to freeze
> soon. I propose 2013-03-28 as the freeze date - that would leave us 3
> weeks to polish the release.

There was no opposition for that date, and that date is today. From that
it logically follows that the master branch is now frozen. I won't push
anything to the master before the release, unless there's an explicit
request to do so.

I created a branch called "next" in
git://gitorious.org/~tanuk/pulseaudio/tanuk-clone.git to which I will
continue pushing stuff as usual. I'll keep the branch rebased on the
master branch.

Instead of private branches for each maintainer, I'd like to create an
official next branch to have better visibility to what is ready to go to
the master branch after the release (and to ensure that the stuff in the
next branch goes to the master branch in a timely manner - last time
Arun's next branch was pushed three months after 3.0 was released).
There was some opposition to an official next branch during the previous
freeze, but perhaps it's different this time.