[pulseaudio-discuss] Freeze soon?

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 03:28:06 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 09:11 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 17:45 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > The target release date for 4.0 is 2013-04-18 (assuming 4-month release
> > cycle), and that date is less than a month away. It's time to freeze
> > soon. I propose 2013-03-28 as the freeze date - that would leave us 3
> > weeks to polish the release.
> There was no opposition for that date, and that date is today. From that
> it logically follows that the master branch is now frozen. I won't push
> anything to the master before the release, unless there's an explicit
> request to do so.


Once we get some of the minor pending patches in (including my default
speex level one), I'll roll a 3.99.1.

> I created a branch called "next" in
> git://gitorious.org/~tanuk/pulseaudio/tanuk-clone.git to which I will
> continue pushing stuff as usual. I'll keep the branch rebased on the
> master branch.
> Instead of private branches for each maintainer, I'd like to create an
> official next branch to have better visibility to what is ready to go to
> the master branch after the release (and to ensure that the stuff in the
> next branch goes to the master branch in a timely manner - last time
> Arun's next branch was pushed three months after 3.0 was released).
> There was some opposition to an official next branch during the previous
> freeze, but perhaps it's different this time.

So my objection to a next branch was that I didn't want to create a
permanent next branch for every release. I'm fine with doing a 'next' or
a 'next-4.0' as long as we delete the branch once 4.0 released (thereby
not having it polluting the upstream branch list). How does that sound?


More information about the pulseaudio-discuss mailing list