[pulseaudio-discuss] Who uses a bluetooth headphone/headset with PA?

Iskren Hadzhinedev i.hadzhinedev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:23:47 PST 2014

Hi there.
I’m using a Marmitek BoomBoom 540[1] headset on Slackware64 14.1 (+multilib) with the
following setup:
Kernel 3.10.17
Bluez 4.99
Alsa-lib 1.0.27
Alsa-plugins 1.0.27
PulseAudio 4.0
I’m using the default PA configuraiton.

Since Slackware doesn’t ship PA by default I had to rebuild some KDE modules and Kmix from
source to enable the nifty stuff PA provides. Then I selected the bluetooth headset as
preferred for all categories.
>From there on I had no problems. Whenever the headset is connected the audio gets routed
to it automatically and when I turn it off, laptop just keeps playing through the speakers. It’s
not perfect because there’s no automatic switching between the a2dp and hsp profiles when
a VoIP call is established, e.g. Skype or Viber, but I have a script bound to Meta+F2 that
switches the card profile so I can use the headset microphone when needed.

Let me know if you need details on any of this.

Cheers,
Iskren.

--------
[1] http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/audio-video-at-home/listen-anywhere/wireless-bluetooth-headphones/boomboom-540.php