[pulseaudio-discuss] Next pulseaudio release?

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Mon Sep 22 13:35:06 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM, David Henningsson
<david.henningsson at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 2014-09-22 20:58, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>>
>> So, if I understand correctly, the current situation is the following:
>>
>> 1. oFono patches have been fully merged.
>> 2. Wim Taymans patches have not been merged yet (or at least not
>> completely)
>> 3. Even if Wim's patches are merged, we (debian) will have to choose
>> between oFono or native at compile time.
>> 4. Either patchset is not complete, in that one supports HSP and the other
>> HFP.
>> 5. In practice, the above is not terribly important, because most
>> devices support both.
>> 6. oFono requires manual configuration by the user.
>>
>> With the above understanding, I'm thinking that we could work around
>> problem 3 by building pulseaudio twice and shipping the relevant
>> modules in separate conflicting packages. Not sure if that would be
>> too confusing for users.
>

> I have had the same thought (shipping one pulseaudio-module-bluetooth and
> one pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-ofono) for Ubuntu, maybe we can collaborate
> on the packaging?

I'd be more than happy. It appears that the packages have diverged
quite a bit, so we need to work something out (but perhaps that is OT
for this list?).

Our current packaging is maintained in git[1]. We use the regular
git-buildpackage workflow. I'm not finding where the equivalent
repository is for Ubuntu (does one exist?).

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-pulseaudio/pulseaudio.git

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler