[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset audio not supported by ofono

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Mon Feb 2 10:21:35 PST 2015

On 02.02.2015 16:49, Georg Chini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you can see from the mail thread below, bluetooth headset audio is
> not supported
> by ofono. I think the release notes for 6.0 should be revised to
> account for that.
> Is there a way to combine the native and ofono backend so that both
> HFP roles
> are supported at the same time?
>
> Regards
>              Georg

I just tested - there is actually no reason why only one of the backends
should be used.
The native backend only supports the HFP AG role while the ofono backend
only supports
the HFP HF role. So both can live happily beside each other.
You can run ofonod with --noplugin=hfp_ag_bluez5 to disable the headset
features of ofono.
With both backends I finally have my phone and my headset running!