[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset audio not supported by ofono

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 3 06:04:10 PST 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 16:49 +0100, Georg Chini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you can see from the mail thread below, bluetooth headset audio is
> not supported by ofono.

Well, that explains a lot :) You mentioned the --noplugin=hfp_ag_bluez5
option for ofonod... it's unclear to me what that plugin does. Does it
implement the AG role or the HF role? If it implements the AG role (as
one might guess from the name), is that module some kind of unfinished
and non-working code, considering that Denis says that the AG role is
not supported (and if so, why is it enabled by default)? If
hfp_ag_bluez5 implements the HF role, then why is
--noplugin=hfp_ag_bluez5 relevant at all when using a headset?

> I think the release notes for 6.0 should be revised to account for
> that.

Indeed. Before I update the notes, though, I want to get a decision on
whether we will release with your patch to use both backends
side-by-side (probably implies another rc before final release), or will
we postpone that to the next release. Either is fine by me, but I'd vote
for releasing with your patch.