[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio muted channel - VT1708S - Archlinux

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:51:09 PDT 2015

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=a316eebf7b150b5897838be37bce4e8c9d95eaae
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=0f163003e9005972db5f97f21a45be67816e3801

>> > I have 6 Jacks at the rear panel and two at the top (one output one
input)
>> > I am afraid I do not know how to switch channel mode to retask.
>> >
>> > Also, the computer is of a certain age, and the issue has started
several month ago but I never really looked into it, so I am not sure that
change in power management will be relevant has it seems quite recent.

If you plugged  the speaker into the black jack,

Seem you are using stereo profile since surround dac still using channel=0

Auto mute was disabled when you select ac97 front audio panel

Do you expect pulseaudio just mute the surround playback switch but keep
the surround playack volume remain unchanged when you select stereo profile
?

Node 0x11 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Surround Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x2a, nsteps=0x2a, stepsize=0x05, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  PCM:
    rates [0x5e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0

Node 0x18 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30050d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Surround Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
  Connection: 1
     0x11

control.36 {
iface CARD
name 'Line Out Front Jack'
value false
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.37 {
iface CARD
name 'Line Out Surround Jack'
value true
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.38 {
iface CARD
name 'Line Out CLFE Jack'
value false
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.39 {
iface CARD
name 'Line Out Side Jack'
value false
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.40 {
iface CARD
name 'Front Headphone Phantom Jack'
value true
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}

Simple mixer control 'Surround',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 42
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-63.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-63.00dB] [off]

> As advices I changed the Bios setting from AC97 to HD Audio.

Do your computer chassis have a hda front audio panel ?

> Now upon start up or pulseaudio being restarted the headphones is muted,
but the surround channel isn't any more. As mentioned I would like both
channel not to be muted.
> Please find below the output of pulseaudio -vvvv:

You have to kill pulseaudio first