[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 7.1 released

Maciej GarwoliƄski bikemaciek at wp.pl
Fri Oct 30 09:01:56 PDT 2015

Arun Raghavan <arun <at> accosted.net> writes:

> Hi folks,
> Since we had a couple of annoying bugs in 7.0, we thought it'd be a
> good idea to do a 7.1 to address those.
>
> Changes at a glance:
>
>   * Fix a crasher when using srbchannel
>   * Fix a build system typo that caused symlinks to turn up in /
>   * Make Xonar cards work better
>   * Other minor  bug fixes and improvements
>
> Tarballs are at the usual place:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-
7.1.tar.xz
> MD5: 9d0a9817b632cac8e3f3834d7eb1c99d
> SHA1: dc35a8aa66c513ac989319e13a18e317d8e432b3
>
> Cheers,
> Arun
>
> ----
>
> git shortlog v7.0..v7.1
>
> Arun Raghavan (1):
>       doc: Update NEWS for 7.1 release
>
> David Henningsson (4):
>       alsa-mixer: Add "Mic Boost" and "Line Boost" to analog-input.conf
>       shm: Warn on not being able to open shm files
>       pstream: Fix use-after-free in srb_callback
>       alsa-mixer: Ignore volume with unexpected number of channels
>
> Felipe Sateler (2):
>       daemon: Use Type=notify for systemd service
>       pulseaudio.1: document that systemd notification only works without
daemonization

> Georg Chini (1):
>       null-sink: correct update of timestamp when state changes to RUNNING
or IDLE

> Takashi Iwai (1):
>       alsa-mixer: Recognize "Dock Line Out" jack
>
> Tanu Kaskinen (3):
>       alsa-mixer: Add "Dock Line Out" jack handling to analog-output-
speaker-always
>       build-sys: fix the default bash completion directory
>       alsa-ucm: fix pa_device_port.profiles leak

After upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 my Xonar DS is not working better, it is stuck
to 100% volume and i cant change it at all, i can move sliders in kde plasma
applet but the real volume is not changing. My speakers are connected to
"front" output but in pavucontrol i have only headphones output and i cant
change it to anything else.

im using archlinux with kernel 4.2.5-1-ARCH
pulseaudio 7.1-1
alsa-firmware 1.0.29-1
plasma-desktop 5.4.2-1
AV200 - Xonar DS - Asus Virtuoso 66 at 0xce00, irq 17