[pulseaudio-discuss] Two audio sources over network

Gavin Jacobs apriljunkbox at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:08:05 UTC 2016

FYI - I have made some progress on this question. On the desktop, I have a script which configures the desktop PulseAudio server to send the LINE-IN port over a tunnel to the laptop. Here it is:
#!/bin/bash
# load_loopback
# create new sink called gtunnel
pactl load-module module-tunnel-sink sink_name=gtunnel server=192.168.1.108 sink=output
# loop LINE-IN to gtunnel
pactl load-module module-loopback source=alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo sink=gtunnel

I'm hearing the audio output downstairs on my laptop speakers, but there is also a drumming sound at about 3-5 Hz.
I'll have to go up to the attic to see if the drumming noise is actually coming from the radio or cabling, or if it's something else. If anyone has some suggestions on how to narrow it down, feel free to chime in.

Jake

I have a computer in an attic running Ubuntu 16.04 - this is a desktop computer. It has two radios attached and I want to hear the sound from either/both of them on my Windows 10 laptop in the basement.