[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio translation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Jan 15 05:08:30 PST 2016

написане Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:50:49 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi>:

> On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 13:05 +0200, Mr. M. wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I would like to translate PulseAudio, PulseAudio Volume Control and
>> PulseAudio preferences into Lithuanian language.
>> But I can not find appropriate POT files because every file I got had
>> different number of strings (some 453, some 583..) so I'm not sure
>> which
>> one is right.
>>
>> Where could I get correct POT files that I could later attach to
>> freedesktop bugzilla?
>
> I don't know (I'm not familiar with the translator workflow), and I'm
> not sure if any of the translators follow this list closely. I added
> Yuri Chornoivan to Cc (just a random choice based on who happened to
> send the latest translation update), maybe he can help.
>
> I would be interested to know some basics of the translation workflow
> too, so thatI could add a readme file in the po/ directory like
> pavucontrol has (unfortunately the pavucontrol instructions don't seem
> to be directly applicable to pulseaudio).

Hi,

There are several ways to reach the translated PA (from best to worst):

1. Follow the instructions on the GNOME page.

https://l10n.gnome.org/module/PulseAudio/

The source (POT) is automatically updated daily, direct link to the
Bugzilla page, etc.

2. Clone PA git and use "make update-po" after "./configure" to create the
POT, then use Bugzilla from your browser's bookmarks. Advantages: full
control over the process, sources at hand to checkout the quality.

3. If you have a team (experienced translators, reviewers, managers, etc.)
you can use Rosetta (Ubuntu's Launchpad, the latest Ubuntu distribution
catalogue) to organize the appropriate workflow. Then Bugzilla, as usual...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri