[pulseaudio-discuss] Does Pulseaudio support capturing audio stream from a specific app?

Patrick May dusthillresident at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:32:21 UTC 2020

Hello,

Does Pulseaudio give the ability to capture the audio output stream from
a specific app?
I can't seem to find an option for this. The only capture options I have
in pavucontrol are Monitors of the sound devices, and audio captures of
the sound devices.

Is this feature implemented as part of pulseaudio? If so, how do you
make use of this?

If not, why not? It's a pretty essential feature for stuff like sharing
audio over services like Discord.

PM