Getting the 6.7 branch tag set

Egbert Eich eich at freedesktop.org
Wed Apr 7 07:45:49 PDT 2004

Keith Packard writes:

 > Ok, so we've got a branch which is currently name XORG-RELEASE-1 and which
 > is supposed to be named xo-6_7-branch.  Anyone know how I can manage this?
 >
 > If necessary, I can just hit the ,v files with a sed script, but it seems
 > like we'd prefer something less traumatic.
 >
 > Until we know how to make it work, I'm gonna leave things as they are...

Who said it is supposed to be xo-6_7-branch?

The general naming sceme - that was adopted in an 'ad hoc'
fashion - used capital letters. To adhere to the this sceme
I've used XORG-6_7_0 to tag the release (at around 1:30 this
morning) after I updated the documentation to reflect that.

Replacing the old sceme with another 'ad hoc' sceme doesn't
seem to be the grand plan.
If people change what I do anyway I do not have to waste my
time and spend all night getting things done.

Egbert.