[Roadster] routing / directions

Dustin kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:55:51 PST 2005

Here's one feature I'd like to see in Roadster related to routing.

I can't drive and read directions off of my laptop at the same time.
However, I can usually do so off of my Palm.  Thus, I frequently plot
the route in MS S&T, copy the turn by turn instructions to notepad,
format them in a manner that looks presentable on my palm, save as a
text file, and transfer it to my palm via infrared.  I'd like this
entire process to be one simple click.

The openobex-apps package contains irobex_palm3, which will intiate
the file transfer.  So Roadster just needs to have a function that
formats the turn-by-turn instructions in a terse yet useful manner,
save as a temporary text file, and call the proper openobex routine to
perform the transfer.

This should probably support other transfer mechanisms as well, such
as Bluetooth or even USB cable at some point.

Would anyone else find this useful?

Dustin