[Roadster] Free Maps and Other info

Thu Feb 24 15:15:16 PST 2005

Hi All,
  I am very interested in the roadster project, I have a few questions
that I would like to ask.

1) Does anyone know of where to get free maps ( good quality ) of
Australia, I have been looking for a long time and so far have not come
across anything worth while. I am happy to help maintain the import tools
for any quality feed that we could get hold of.

2) Why use MySql, why not use Postgres with the GIS function addins, is
the application being written in a way that could allow database
portability?

Ian Nicholls