[SCIM] skim: rpm and German manual for SuSE Linux 9.1

Jan Hefti j.hefti at hamburg.de
Sun Aug 22 07:34:25 PDT 2004

Hi Cougar,

>Thanks for your work. Based on your spec file, and borrow some ideas
>from scim-lib spec file, I have committed a general skim.spec.in file
>into cvs.
>
>In order to use this:
>./bootstrap
>./configure (with parameters you want)
>
>then a skim.spec file will be generated. You can edit it to add some
>further info.
>
>Please test it.
>
>Thanks,

Very good idea - and also a lot cleaner than my original file!

I changed it a little, so now it honors the --prefix switch from
./configure. Unfortunately, I could not make it honor --exec-prefix,
etc., since make converts those to strings that contain shell variables
(like ${prefix}), which are not permitted e.g. in the %files section of
the spec file.

But now, everything works fine on SuSE 9.1 when I generate the .spec
file as follows:

./bootstrap
./configue --prefix=/opt/kde3

BTW,

make install

installs the file

/opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/skim/kdex.dtd

which you left out of the specification - and in fact, it probably is
not needed, is it? Of course it does not hurt to include it, but my
rpmbuild forces me to choose (no unaccounted files permitted in the
build tree), so I removed it.

So now I have to get working on the translation...

Best regards,
Jan