[SCIM] Re: Couple of questions about skim

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Mon Aug 23 03:03:11 PDT 2004

Hi Cougar,

I finished the translation of desktop.pot and updated skim.pot but still can
not see the translated strings from desktop_ja.po.

When I issued 'make update-all' I got the following errors.

cd .. && ./po/createdesktop ./po/desktop_file_list ./po/desktop.pot && cd po
./po/createdesktop: line 1: tempfile: command not found
touch: file arguments missing
Try `touch --help' for more information.
parsing ./src/skim.desktop
./po/createdesktop: line 1: tempfile: command not found
./po/createdesktop: line 39: $testfile: ambiguous redirect

I did 'make install' anyway.  The strings from ja.po look fine but those from
desktop.pot are still shown in English.  What should I do?

And when I click 'Main Toolbar' in the left pane of the panel, I get the
following errors.  (It's not about translation, though.)

Starting SCIM ...
skim: [skimpluginmanager.cpp:445] Successfully loaded plugin
'skimplugin_setupwindow'
QMetaObject::findSignal:KListView: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
QMetaObject::findSignal:KListView: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)

Maybe skim doesn't like Mandrake's KDE...? :D

Anyway, please find the attached files.  Can you make a Japanese user account
and test them for me? ;)

Thanks.

Yukiko