[SCIM] Re: Couple of questions about skim

Jan Hefti j.hefti at hamburg.de
Mon Aug 23 08:41:59 PDT 2004

Hi Yukiko,
Hi Cougar,

Yukiko Bando schrieb:

>Hi Cougar,
>
>I finished the translation of desktop.pot and updated skim.pot but still can
>not see the translated strings from desktop_ja.po.
>
>When I issued 'make update-all' I got the following errors.
>
>cd .. && ./po/createdesktop ./po/desktop_file_list ./po/desktop.pot && cd po
>./po/createdesktop: line 1: tempfile: command not found
>touch: file arguments missing
>Try `touch --help' for more information.
>parsing ./src/skim.desktop
>./po/createdesktop: line 1: tempfile: command not found
>./po/createdesktop: line 39: $testfile: ambiguous redirect
>
>I did 'make install' anyway.  The strings from ja.po look fine but those from
>desktop.pot are still shown in English.  What should I do?

I got exactly the the same error messages.

make

will create desktop_de.gmo, but it is not used by skim.

I guess the messages from desktop_xx.po are supposed to be added to the
relevant .desktop files, which are not touched by make.

So, Cougar, should I just send you the file desktop_de.po, and you will
create the new .desktop files, or should I try anything else? For
testing what the translation looks like in context, it would be good if
there was an easy way to create the .desktop files myself.

Best regards,
Jan