[SCIM] Library filenames

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:13:35 PDT 2004

You mean libscim-0.9.so.0 and libscim.so are different? Because, when
developing an app which want to link with libscim, you may just pass a
linker option like -lscim to g++. If libscim.so was renamed to
libscim-0.9.so then you must pass -lscim-0.9. It's not so convenience
because you may not know the version of libscim when linking the app.

This is the rule of libtool not me.

Regards
James Su