[Spice-devel] celt 0.5.1 dependency of spice

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun May 8 04:43:21 PDT 2011

Dear Developers,

I'm the package maintainer for some virtualization related packages in
Pardus distribution. I would like to take spice into our package
repositories, however, I'm facing an issue with the celt package.

I'm sure you're aware of the issue. Spice is depending on celt 0.5.1, while
we have version 0.10.0 in our repositories. The distribution managers are
not willing to introduce another version of the same celt package, nor
downgrading the existing one.

Is there any way to link spice to the newer celt, or are we in a dead end?

--
Emre