[Spice-devel] Cross-device access in SPICE server

Yonit Halperin yhalperi at redhat.com
Sun Mar 4 11:29:10 PST 2012

On 03/02/2012 09:06 PM, Noel Van Hook wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had any experience or insight into a way for
> a worker in the server to get access to data from the other workers?
> Specifically I am looking into some optimization that would require a
> worker to have access to the surfaces stored in other workers.
> Is there an easy way for the worker threads to access the other
> workers?  I'm referring to the worker->surfaces[] array in
> red_worker.c
>
> Thanks,
> Noel

Hi,

Currently the different workers share the pixmaps' cache (and also the
glz dictionary). I.e., if an image is in use in more than one device, it
will be sent to the client only once and will enter the shared cache.
The surfaces themselves are not shared, but we plan to change the driver
to use only one device for multiple monitors, and then maybe this will
change.
Can you be more specific about what you are trying to achieve? This will
help to give you more details.

Regards,
Yonit.