[Spice-devel] Wiki cleanup

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 01:55:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:38:54AM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> Now that the Wiki is in theory usable, I would like to propose that we shift
> the bulk of spice-space.org content to the Wiki.
>
> I'm willing to do a bit of work in the Wiki to help tidy some of this up,
> but I think that would only be satisfying if I felt that it was actually
> improving the user experience.
>
> Right now, I find the Wiki and the main page to be a strange sort of mirror,
> with both places having similar nav and similarly out of date information.
>
> If the idea seems sensible, then I'd propose that we work on the Wiki until
> we feel it stands mostly on it's own, and when we hit that point, we shift
> the main pages to reflect that.

The website/wiki content needs some reorganization for sure, and the
manual editing of the static website content needs to be improved.
The next question is if we want to achieve that with a wiki, or by
switching to a different 'CMS'. The wiki has the big advantage of being
already there. I think Marc-André favoured http://jekyllrb.com for the
static website part.