[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer -- am I using the correct howto?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:44:52 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Marc-André Lureau <
marcandre.lureau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thank you for trying the folder sharing feature. I am running on f21
> virt-manager, and I installed a fresh win7 x64, with spice-guest-tools
> 0.74. Then I ran spice-webdavd.msi, installation was successful,
> however, the service was stopped immediately. I realized the channel
> wasn't connected, however, the service starts fine with a linux guest.
> It seems the virtio channel behaves differently on Linux (blocks on
> read) and Windows (returns 0 immediately) when the channel is
> disconnected. This makes the Windows service stop when the guest is
> started without a client connected for example.
>
> There is a missing channel connect() in various clients.
> For ex, virt-manager needs:
>        elif (type(channel) == SpiceClientGLib.WebdavChannel):
>             channel.connect()
>
> But instead of pushing this in each clients, we can also just decide
> to do it by default in the spice widget, so I sent I patch for that.
> In the meantime, you can run spicy, which does connect the webdav
> channels

Actually I doubt about service installation at all....
what should it be its name in services list? I don't see anything that
could match

I also tried spicy.. but I don't see any network disk mapped.
If I run map-drive.bat (as admin) it creates the registry key but actually
the "net use" command fails:

C:\SPICE webdavd>net use * http://localhost:9843/
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

C:\SPICE webdavd>REG ADD
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
r\MountPoints2\##localhost at 9843#DavWWWRoot" /v  "_LabelFromReg" /t REG_SZ
/d "Sp
ice client" /f
The operation completed successfully.

and with "netstat -an" I don't see the guest listening on port 9843 indeed:
this should confirm the service has not started at least if defined...

Could you tell me the command used inside the .msi file to create the
service, so that I can manually reproduce and see which kind of error I
receive?

Gianluca