[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer -- am I using the correct howto?

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 03:37:32 PST 2015

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Marc-André Lureau <
>
> Actually I doubt about service installation at all....
> what should it be its name in services list? I don't see anything that could
> match

It's called "Spice webdav proxy"

> I also tried spicy.. but I don't see any network disk mapped.

Using spicy will connect the webdav channel, and the service can be started successfully.

> If I run map-drive.bat (as admin) it creates the registry key but actually
> the "net use" command fails:
>
> C:\SPICE webdavd>net use * http://localhost:9843/
> System error 67 has occurred.
>
> The network name cannot be found.

For this to work, the service needs to run. I am trying to keep the service running even if the channel is not connected.

It's created by Windows installer, see ServiceInstall in https://git.gnome.org/browse/phodav/tree/spice-webdavd.wxs.in